Paleo Recipe: Sweet Potato Brownies
We find that the hardest part for many people when cleaning up their diet is getting rid of the sweet stuff. Cutting out processed sugar especially those awesome desserts we all love is really tough. Physically it’s almost like withdrawals, ridding your body of something toxic that it wants to much, and mentally we all know how comforting a nice sweet treat is.
Well, fret no more my friends. Here is a great Paleo brownie recipe courtesy of Coach Kroon. The most important part of Paleo is preparation and having good recipes to pull up anytime you want to make something is integral to staying clean. We are going to keep sharing some of our favorite recipes to give you some tips for your work in the kitchen.
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Bake the sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 350 degrees.
- Now add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
Strength: Clean and Jerk
Work to a max single with good form
WOD: For Time
Sumo Deadlift High Pull 70/53